What happiness feels like

I just love evenings like this.

Saint and I sitting here. Doing nothing. He watches tv. Right now it's some cop show. He is a bit obsessed with any kind of puzzle. He is working on finding a job as a fingerprint lab tech. Pretty cool. I am very impressed.

Tonight was cheese steak night. At our local sandwich shop. It's buy one, get one free. They are oh so good. Mine was meat and spaghetti sauce in this wonderful toasted hoagie. I think Saint had his usual - steak and cheese whiz stuff. Interesting, that's all I have to say about his. (cheese whiz, really?)

Then because Saint is always donating blood, he had a new coupon for a free pint of Baskin Robbins ice cream. YUM! I got to pick the flavor - snickers. Double yum!

Usually I read or play on my laptop. Though last night was good tv night with Two and a half men and Big Bang Theory. When we get up we tend to kiss each other. Or the occasional leg rub or arm pat. It's sweet. It feels like it should. This is what love feels like.

Happy. Peaceful. Easy.

Tonight, I'm sitting on the couch and he is resting against it on the floor. He really should turn in for bed, seeing how he has to be to work at 3:30am. Ugh. It's always so early. I think I am getting used to his schedule because I am usually awake for a bit after he leaves for work. I love that he wakes me up to say goodbye. Very sweet and touch romantic. He doesn't get ready in the dark, but does keep his stuff in the bathroom. Though he is such an expert at getting ready without me hearing anything.

Me? I can't sneak into my own place without making a ruckus. I always forget to do the things that will help make less noise. Things like fill up the humidifier. Put my pjs in the bathroom so I don't have to search for them. Then again, I can run into a chair with the lights on.

Sigh.

This is what happiness feels like.

3 comments:

Trac~ said...

Awww... sounds like the perfect evening and the subs and ice cream sound delicious to say the least! YUM! Glad you had a great night with the love of your life. Hope you have a wonderful day too! P.S. I have a giveaway going on at my blog so check it out and see if you are interested. :o)

jayayceeblog said...

Yay for happiness and Yay for you! Mmmmm, cheese steak sounds good!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great happiness to me. So glad for you!