Review - I Am Number Four movie

From the first five minutes, I had a feeling this movie was going to be good. It is really nice to know that I read the book long enough ago that the details are not as clear in my head. I can watch and enjoy the movie without too much knowledge of what they are not doing correctly.

Did I mention Timothy Olyphant is in it? Oh, wow is he good looking. lol Still looks good since the movie, Go.

I am not usually a fan of when a book is turned in to a movie. It always ruins it. I have this picture in my head, voices, sounds and it almost never fits the cast or scenery, even when they show the supposed cast on the cover of the book. I have such a vivid imagination that I always make up my own movie to follow the book.

I have to point out that when the book says there are rings burned in to their legs when one of the aliens was killed by hunter, I pictured the rings going around their legs, not in a circle design one above the other. Can you imagine being number 9? (well, you would be alive longer) But you would be unrecognizable because of all the large circle tattoos. Or maybe totally recognizable.

It, of course, differs from the movie, in that is has a bit of a rushed feeling. They get right to the point instead of allowing the characters to develop. I think they did an incredible job of the hunters make-up. They look and sound incredible. Exactly as I pictured them! And of course, Henry, Timothy Olyphant, is way better than I pictured him. I already like Dianna Argon, who plays Sarah, from her being on Glee. The main character, Alex Pettyfer or John Smith, immediately pulls me in to a boy trying to grow up and develop a life when he is always moving around. The need to find and build a home is pouring out of him. It is easy to forget he is an alien. With Sarah standing beside him, it almost feels like they are normal teenagers in a movie. "The places are only as good as the people you know in them."

Right off the bat they give a sneak preview of Number Six, who is bad ass!! Can't wait to read the next book, The Power of Six, and then, of course, see the movie! I don't think I pictured someone quite as awesome as her. I may have to switch the character in my head to match this girl for the following book.

Special effects are incredible and I wish I had seen this one in the theaters!! I pictured much bigger Mog eating aliens, but they definitely don't disappoint.

Movie Trailer:



No comments: