Review - Turned by Morgan Rice

Title: Turned
The Vampire Journals #1
Author: Morgan Rice
Publish Date: Jan 24, 2011
150 pages
Ebook format

GoodReads
Barnes and Noble
Amazon

I was browsing through the steals and deals for Nook and happened upon this book. It is 99cents!!! I grabbed it right up. And was not disappointed. I have never read or even heard of Morgan Rice as an author. I kept getting her confused with Ann Rice when searching for her other books. But after reading this book, I am so happy to say I have added a new author to my list of authors I LOVE TO READ.

I am really excited because I just purchased book 2, Loved in the series for ONLY $2.99! These two books were only available on as ebooks otherwise I would have bought them in book format to own and keep.

The book starts out detailing Caitlin's life of moving around at her mother's wim. Her mother is vain and always looking for someone else to blame. She even goes so far as to claim Caitlin is at fault for her boyfriends leaving her after he made a pass at her. Sad. Caitlin just wants to blend in and be normal for awhile. This will not happen. As she turns a certain age she will change and not just in the hormonal, girl changes, but rather her need for blood. She is . . . different. And is immediately put into the spotlight due to her lack of knowledge of what is happening to her. At the same time she is losing a grip on her own life.

She finds a few friends and a few foes on the way, but I was completely mesmerized by this book. I loved it and was so engrossed I finished it in one morning. I think I blinked and was on the last quarter of the book. Good stuff and love that it is a series.

PS At the time of writing this review, all the other Nook ebooks in this series were only $3.99! After one being 99 cents and two being $2.99.

Summary -
Eighteen year old Caitlin Paine finds herself uprooted from her nice suburb and forced to attend a dangerous New York City high school when her Mom moves again. The one ray of light in her new surroundings is Jonah, a new classmate who takes an instant liking to her.

But before their romance can blossom, Caitlin suddenly finds herself changing. She is overcome by a superhuman strength, a sensitivity to light, a desire to feed--by feelings she does not understand. She seeks answers to what’s happening to her, and her cravings lead her to the wrong place at the wrong time. Her eyes are opened to a hidden world, right beneath her feet, thriving underground in New York City. She finds herself caught between two dangerous covens, right in the middle of a vampire war.

It is at this moment that Caitlin meets Caleb, a mysterious and powerful vampire who rescues her from the dark forces. He needs her to help lead him to the legendary lost artifact. And she needs him for answers, and for protection. Together, they will need to answer one crucial question: who was her real father?

But Caitlin finds herself caught between two men as something else arises between them: a forbidden love. A love between the races that will risk both of their lives, and will force them to decide whether to risk it all for each other…

No comments: