Title: Bond Girl
Author: Erin Duffy
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publish Date: Jan 1, 2012
Paperback, 304 pages
Barnes and Noble
Fabulous book!! So frickin' entertaining! What a wonderful surprise. I picked up this ARC (advanced reader copy) and honestly, thought it was about a woman detective. LOL It ended up being about Alex who was brought to Wall Street where he worked by her father when she was growing. From the first day of chaos and speed, she was hooked. She ended up in bonds. Barely got a job and immediately became the office "Girlie" who got lunch and coffee. Feeling like she was lost and not made for this job, she keeps at it in hopes to finally feel welcome and successful.
I laughed out loud through this entire book. Writing was so wonderful I could quote half the book. I am really looking forward to seeing other works by Erin Duffy.
THE TOP TEN THINGS YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW ABOUT WORKING ON "THE STREET":
10. The number of U.S.-owned banks and/or brokerage houses actually located on Wall Street: zero.
9. Office windows that open are overrated.
8. Moran's Ale House & Grill, located in the heart of Manhattan's Financial District, caters primarily to Wall Street employees and people who want to marry them. It serves more beer between Memorial Day and Labor Day than any other bar in the city.
7. Free pizza cures all, especially before 10 A.M.
6. A $65 limo ride with road sodas is a perfectly acceptable way to travel 10 blocks...
5. ...or five blocks if it's raining.
4. Knowing math is important - but nowhere near as important as knowing wine, golf, and watches.
3. Gucci loafers go with every outfit, in all weather, all year round.
2. Socks are optional (and rarely necessary).
And the number on thing you probably don't know about working on the Street is...
1. A bet is a bet is a bet. If you lose at Credit Card Roulette, you will pay the bill. No one cares that you're only twenty-two and the bill is $1,000.