Review - Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Title: Pandemonium
Delirium #2
Author: Lauren Oliver
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publish Date: Feb 28, 2012
Hardcover, 375 pages


Goodreads
Barnes and Noble
Amazon

Let's start with the fact that the ending is shocking, amazing and absolutely jaw dropping. I was so ecstatic that I wanted to scream. I was hoping for an ending like this, I had an inkling, but really? I was floored when Lauren Oliver did it. YES!

I am a fan of Lena, the main character in this series. Lena is sweet, kind and follows the rules until she meets Alex. A boy who is supposedly cured of the dreaded disease, love. But as she spends more time with him, her eyes open to a world of possibilities. She must choose between the world she knows and love and a world she may want to know, but leave everything behind. I can't give away too much as YOU MUST READ THE FIRST BOOK, but this book leaves off literally where the last one ended. Nothing left to our imaginations.

Lauren Oliver introduces new characters in this book. Ones we aren't meant to like and ones I liked instantly, but really, this book just made me love Lena more. She is in great pain and feels utterly lost. Everything is new, but the pain is so fresh she can barely breath. Learning to live with this pain is possibly too great. Raven, a woman who has felt the pain Lena is dealing with, tries to help, but is she may have ulterior motives. When it comes to survivial, it is so hard to judge between those who are willing to survive at all costs and those wanting to simply help.

Summary -

I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.



1 comment:

samantha.1020 said...

I MUST read Delirium soon! I've heard such good things about this author and I just need to put one of her books on hold already :) Great review!