Review: Contagious by Emily Goodwin

Title: Contagious
Series Contagium #1
Author: Emily Goodwin
Publication Date: Jan 17, 2012
Publisher: Permuted Press

Amazon

This book was my first introduction to Zombies. I am fascinated by them. I have wanted to watch the TV Series Walking Dead, but didn't make it through the first episode due to the gore. Gross. But I am a huge fan of end of the world series. I love the "What would I do" factor. I am also a big fan of strong women characters. And Emily Goodwin does not disappoint.

Orissa is a fabulously strong, resilient and on occasion, humbly female lead. She wakes up after being in the hospital having missed the initial zombie takeover. She is saved and brought into an underground room where the rest of the hospital survivors have survived. But she cannot stay there forever. She has to find her family.

There is a wonderful love triangle in this book as she decides between a smart, handsome man and a ruggedly strong man. Each one with their own virtues and weaknesses.

SERIOUSLY DEVOURED THIS SERIES. One. book. after. another.
So good. So worth the time.

Goodreads Description:
"I wasn’t afraid of death. If I died, it would be over. My worst fear wasn’t of dying, it was of living. Living, while everyone around me had their flesh savagely torn from their bodies to be shoved into the festering and ever-hungry mouths of zombies. It terrified me, right down to my very core, to be alive while the rest of the world was dead."

In the midst of the Second Great Depression, twenty-five year old Orissa Penwell doesn't think things can get any worse. She couldn't be more wrong. A virus breaks out across the country, leaving the infected crazed, aggressive and very hungry.

Orissa will do anything-no matter if it's right or wrong- to save the ones she loves. But when she discovers that most of the world is infected or dead, she must decided if those lives are worth saving at all.






No comments: