Grace in small things - edition two

Here's the official link for Grace in Small Things

And the original blog post about her starting Grace in Small Things

courtesy of Schmutzie

I haven't done one of these in awhile and I am starting to be able to tell. There is something to be said for a gratitude journal. It really helps keep things in perspective.

#1: I am FINALLY getting to meet and take classes from one of my favorite creative people who I have been following for what seems like ages. I am hoping and praying that I do not say or do anything to make it seem like I am WAY EXCITED to meet her. I am a bit star struck because she is, well, awesome. (total fist pumps every time I think about it) Stayed tuned to find out who it is.

#2: Saint is truly the most wonderful man and I am so grateful to have him in my life. We have had our second fight ever, which for being together for over a year, I find pretty amazing. He and I both seem to know how to fight fair and OMG it is a blessing to be with someone not out to "get me." Did I mention make-up sex? (oops sorry mom)

#3: I have learned the great lesson of humility ONCE AGAIN this week, at work, nonetheless. I wish though that I was better at letting things go. I have said something incredibly stupid in front of important people and I have been kicking myself ever since. (somewhere in there is grace, I swear)

#4: My cooking abilities are coming along nicely and my friends have started to pitch in by throwing recipes my way. Yeah!! (join me for Martha Monday peeps!)

#5: Life is good. Still. A few twists and turns and for the life of me I am still figuring out this whole "guilt is not an emotion you're born with" philosophy. I am filled with guilt over the stupidest things, but working my out of it all to live a much healthier and happier life.




2 comments:

jayayceeblog said...

About the guilt thing ... that's where men have it so much better than women. Hubby's always saying things like, "Take a moment to acknowledge it, then just move on." It seems to be a lot harder for me, but he's right - it's a good idea. This makes sense to me - if something is really bothering you, stop and think if it will still be affecting you in 1 year or 5 years. If not, don't give it so much weight. Again, move on. Have fun meeting your idol!

Duchess said...

Great post! I appreciate the idea of being grateful for things in our lives that we don't always take time to consider.

Happy Friday!