camping . . . at Cabela's

Saint and I have been saying all summer long that we are going to plan a camping trip. We finally got our act together, pulled out the old calendar and picked a couple of days where we can take some time off of work and head out into the great yonder. Actually, I did sign up for a women's weekend away too. I will be learning how to fish, camp and other such cool nonsense with a big bunch of women. Like sleep away camp for adults!

YEAH!!

I have such incredibly fond memories of fishing and camping as a child. (which i know is bound to be my undooing bc anything I loved as a child, is not the same as an adult)

We trekked out to Cabela's today and played around. Or, I played around, I should say. Saint kind of rolled his eyes when I pulled out my camera. I was like a kid in a candy shop. I sat on all the difeerent cots, crawled into and walked through the tents and would have (had I not known I would be arrested) crawled up the hunting tree display. I had so much fun and I took a butt load of pictures. I even got Saint to take one of me!




"the shitter"


"the hunting hide-away"


"the shower"


"home base"


I love this one person tent. Really, really cool. I climbed right in.

I thought it was quite comical that they put these really simple signs in front of each of the animals - beaver, raccoon, polar bear. I mean really. These guys are the epitome of information. WHY wouldn't they have signs depicting where the animal was from or a bit of history?


bison

polar bear
(do they have to make them look so mean?)
raccoon

beaver

turkey




In the end, we realized that between my stuff, his stuff, his roommate and my parent's, we have all that we need minus sleeping bags. We each got one! I am pretty excited (as most women are) that mine is camo colored!! And I love orange. It is fleece inside too, which I love sleeping warm.

2 comments:

Duchess said...

I've been thinking about going camping with the Boy too! I however prefer the camping in a cabin :0p

Yay for fun at Cabela's!

jayayceeblog said...

Camping ... the vacation of champions!