Martha Monday - what's for dinner?


LINK UP TO MARTHA MONDAY
Are you creative?
Do you love to invent recipes, scrapbook,
photography, gardening, etc?

Do you love to just TRY and be inspired?
You don't have to BE Martha
all you need is the feeling to cultivate and share
JOIN US
every Monday right here
for
Martha Monday

Sadly, I don't have any photos this week, but I made a really, really good dinner!! A friend at work gave me the recipe. It's very simple and healthy. Oh so nice! It has veggies in it, so I wasn't sure how Saint would take it, but he gave it a thumbs up. Though put cajun sausage in anything and he will usually like it.

Chicken & Sausage Rice Dinner

Andouille Sausage
Chicken, boneless
Peppers (red, yellow, green)
Hot peppers (I didn't use these)
Mushrooms
Teriyaki Sauce
Jasmine Rice

In one pan, I put the chicken covered the pan and cooked it for about seven minutes.
In another pan, I put the sausage for about four minutes, then added the peppers, mushrooms and some water. Just enough to give it some juice.
In a pot, I cooked the jasmine rice.

Once all of it is done, I poured the chicken in with the sausage mixture and then poured teriyaki sauce in and mixed. I did put the teriyaki sauce on the table in case more was needed.

As an after thought, I could have made a salad, but we had leftover french bread to eat with it.

It was so good. So much flavor and a kick of spice. (imagine if I used the hot peppers) I am not usually a big fan of rice, but the jasmine rice was good - it was sticky and has a slight sweet flavor to it.

Saint asked for cayenne pepper put in with the jasmine rice which I can definitely do next time. Heck, I even have some in the cupboard - no need to go shopping.


LINK UP!!
What has inspired you this week?


No comments: