Review: Sink or Swim by Jamie Canosa




Title: Sink or Swim
Author: Jamie Canosa
Publisher: Kindle edition
Publish Date: July 21, 2013
209 pages

GoodReads
Amazon
Barnes and Noble

Life has been a bit crazy lately and knowing I had to read this book and offer up a review has been weighing heavily on me. I wasn't looking forward to having "to do" anything extra. But finally I gave in. I do like to complete my agreements with people.

From the moment I picked up this book, I was hooked. Jamie Canosa literally had me from page 1. Which is simply amazing. I didn't want to go to work. I didn't want to sleep. I wanted to read this book from cover to cover without stopping. It was such an amazing book.

It was the perfect escape from reality when I needed it the most.

Allie has so much horrible stuff going on in her life. Her father is a raging alcoholic and completely abusive monster, her mother is not there for her after having the life beat out of her and she cannot tell anyone. Not even the man who has been there for her her entire life, Dean because he has so many other things to take care of in life. After a tumultuous evening, she gives in and leaves. Just packs a bag and gets on a bus. Sadly six months later, she is pulled back into the chaos because her mother is sick and she just cannot forget about her. And Dean, refuses to forget about her. He is an instant stresser because she loves him deeply, but cannot let him in to her secret world.

I cannot say enough about how well Jamie Canosa wrote this book. I am envious of her magical, yet simple wording that makes me never want to put this book down.

Check out my previous review of Jamie's other book, Fight or Flight.

Summary -
There are some things you just can't walk away from.

When sleeping in vacant warehouses and dark alleys becomes preferable to living at home, something is seriously wrong. But when word reaches Allie that her mother is facing a life threatening illness, she has no choice but to return to the place of nightmares. Leaving wasn't a choice, it was a necessity, and if returning hadn't been equally necessary, Allie never would have set foot back inside that hell-hole.

Dean is no stranger to hardship, but the day Allie walked out of his life, taking his heart right along with her, was hands-down the most frustrating. Six months later, she's back and Dean refuses to rest until he figures out exactly what the hell happened.

Now, Allie's drowning. Drowning in lies. Drowning in the truth. Drowning in pain, and anger, and fear. But there comes a time when every drowning person must decide whether they will . . . Sink or Swim?

2 comments:

rose.ann.castro said...

Interesting book, I will totally try to check it out...New follower.

Ann@Blogging E-books

rose.ann.castro said...

This one sounds so good. I love the cover for this book. Hoping to read this one soon.

Ann@Blogging E-books