my next cat will . . .

My Tuesday, cat is the nicest, sweetest, loving cat I have ever met. When I adopted her, she had spent the last six months living in the vet's office. She was around people 24/7. She loves drinking out of glasses and leave a ham sandwich for a second and it's hers.

She is the best minded cat ever. I could probably staple gun the litter box to the ceiling and she would still manage to use it. No matter who comes over, she is nice to them. She runs up, greets them immediately then proceeds to win them over.

When I took her to her last vet visit, I was informed that she has dirty feet and my job was to clean them using these pads. I don't just wipe her feet off. I have to sit her on my lap, hold her down with my arm and then proceed to spread her toes and clean between each and around each claw.

For a really sweet natured cat this should be a breeze. Right?

Uhm, no!

I pick her up and she molds into me, purring and loving the attention. The moment I set her on my lap and try to spread her toes, she turns into a giant mountain lion squirming, roaring and acting like a two year old child who wants a cookie. She's a nightmare!!

My next cat will be constantly touched on her toes, tail, ears, opening her mouth and checking her teeth and anything else I can think of the vets do, and I may have to do in the future. I will give her treats and pop them in her mouth so when it comes time to administer medicine, I will be allowed to do this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup. Squeaks is a sweetie till it comes time to trim her nails. Then she turns into a snarling, snapping, claw raking Puma! ha..ha.ha...