Reveiw - I Am Number Four by PIttacus Lore

Title: I Am Number Four
Author: Pittacus Lore
Lorien Legacies #1
480 Pages
Publish Date: Jan 1, 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
ISBN: 9780062026248

GoodReads
Barnes and Noble
Amazon

From the moment I started reading this book I was pulled and didn't stop loving it until it ended . . . and then I wanted more. This was such a good read, through and through. It is inventive and new, which is so needed in the teen fantasy section. The characters are fantastic. They have special powers that are creative and fun to develop. There is a true definition in this entire plot.

INCOMPARABLE!!


I think my favorite part about the book is that when one of these "superheroes" are killed, in order of course due to a spell, a circle is burned into their shins so they know how many have been killed and how much longer they have til they start hunting the next one. It brought such suspense and crazy action in a book! I really enjoyed all the special powers and the descriptions of the action sequences too.

I cannot wait to see this in the theaters although I pray they do it justice, though it was such a phenomenal book that I seriously doubt it.

Waiting in suspense for the next in the series. Very nice job Pitticus Lore.


Summary -

Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—but we are real.

Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. we have lived among you without you knowing.

But they know.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.

I am Number Four.


4 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Sold! I need to read this!

jayayceeblog said...

This really sounds like a fun book. On my list!

Angela @ Reading Angels said...

I FINALLY bought this one on Sunday!! So glad to see you loved it!

caite said...

gee, I am sold too.