Book Review - Yours To Keep by Shannon Stacey

Title: Yours To Keep
Author: Shannon Stacey
Publisher: Carina Press
Publish Date: June 6, 2011
201 Pages

GoodReads
Barnes and Noble (only $3.99)
Amazon

I was looking for a nice, happy read after the past couple of books I have read were a bit on the freak-me-out side. This one was sitting in my Nook and I thought I'd give it a go. I am not sure why, but my first thoughts were this book would be fun, but not great. Maybe it is feeling that romance tend to be good, but not great. Who knows. I honestly didn't expect to be laughing out loud throughout this whole book! I seriously laughed and laughed and laughed. Shannon Stacey did so good with the banter and fun loving a real couple experiences.

I did not realize this was book #3 in the Kowalski series, so of course . . . now I have to go track down the first two if they are anything like the joy I had reading this one.

Summary -
Sean Kowalski no sooner leaves the army than he’s recruited by Emma Shaw to be her fake fiancé. Emma needs to produce a husband-to-be for her grandmother’s upcoming visit, and, though Sean doesn’t like the deception, he could use the landscaping job Emma’s offering while he decides what to do with his civilian life. And, despite his attraction to Emma, there’s no chance he’ll fall for a woman with deep roots in a town he’s not planning to call home.

Emma’s not interested in a real relationship either; not with a man whose idea of home is wherever he drops his duffel bag. No matter how amazing his “pretend” kisses are…


No comments: