Review - Before I Go To Sleep by S. J. Watson

Title: Before I Go To Sleep
Author: S.J. Watson
Publisher: Harper
Publish Date: June 14, 2011
Hardcover, 368 pages

GoodReads
Barnes and Noble
Amazon

The premise of this story is great. A woman loses her memory after an accident and coma. She wakes up, is taken home by her husband and lives each day trying to remember who she is. One day, a doctor calls her and tells her she has been seeing him to try and find a cure for her amnesia. He also tells her she has started a journal to document her memories. Neither of these things she has told her husband. From the moment Christine reads in her journal, do not trust your husband, I am hooked.

I cannot say enough good things about this book. It is seriously one of the best books I have read in oh so long! I was reading these pages like I had to in order to survive. And there is such a fantastic twist at the end that I found myself screaming NO WAY! You have go to be kidding me! and jumping up and down.

Working in a bookstore, I have sold this book almost every day since reading it and again when I have been out and about when people ask me what I recommend. Seriously, GO BUY this book. Incredible read!!

I would totally give this book away in a contest, but after lending to my mother, I will be keeping it in my library. It was that good!

Summary -
'As I sleep, my mind will erase everything I did today. I will wake up tomorrow as I did this morning. Thinking I'm still a child. Thinking I have a whole lifetime of choice ahead of me ...' Memories define us. So what if you lost yours every time you went to sleep? Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love - all forgotten overnight. And the one person you trust may only be telling you half the story. Welcome to Christine's life.

BIG BIG THANKS to Infinite Shelf for hosting the giveaway that earned me this FANTASTIC book!

1 comment:

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

I am so glad to read you enjoyed it so much! I have been recommending it to everyone to :)