Book Review: Scarred by Elizabeth Montgomery

Title: Scarred
Author: Elizabeth Montgomery
Publisher: Crushing Heart and Black Butterfly
Publish Date: June 26, 2015

Goodreads
Amazon

I read the description of this book and knew I would HAVE to read it. I was not disappointed!

I was immediately sucked in to Avery's character. I loved her from the very first paragraph. She was so sweet and vulnerable, but had found a way to fight against the chaos in her life. Having been ridiculed as a child bc I wore glasses, I understand this, but the level that Avery has to deal with is beyond my comprehension. My heart went out to her and I wanted to slay demons with her, but she has a good network with her mother and her best friend, who chose her early on.

Avery is constantly berated for her scar that she wears on her face and there is one person in particular who is relentless. One day someone in her life steps out of character and speaks to her. She has no idea if it is a ruse or real. How do you put faith in someone who has stood by and watched you be walked all over for years?? What path would I choose? It is a question for the ages.

I look forward to reading more from Elizabeth Montgomery and especially I long for her to develop this novella into a longer read. I really want to read more about how Avery and Daniel first met, how her enemy has lived at home, how her mother came about having Avery, etc.

Goodreads Description: For those of us who come into the world different, we see it for what it really is.
Harsh.
Avery Chamberlin is special, unique. Beautiful words to gloss over the fact that she is different. She has never felt like she fit in. Why should she?
She was reminded on a daily basis that she was not like her peers.
Flawed. Damaged. A freak.
Avery will have to come out of her shell to prove that even the bullies have their own insecurities.
LIFE ISN’T ABOUT LABELS





No comments: