Book Review: Unseen by Stephanie Erickson

Title: Unseen
The Unseen Trilogy Book 1
Author: Stephanie Erickson
Publisher: Pickles Press
Publish Date: November 19, 2014

Goodreads
Amazon

It has been quite the ride this week with fantabulous book after fantabulous book!!

Stephanie Erickson kept me in the book hangover with The Unseen. Mac has always been odd because when she was a little girl she realized she could read others thoughts. A doctor provided her with iLs. Mac wears this device on her ears. It plays music and drowns out the thoughts of others allowing her to concentrate. Ever since she was little, she has always wondered why she has this ability and if she is as alone as she feels. One day she sees a man watching her and from there, things change. She has hard choices to make and it will always change her.

I am looking forward to the following books in this series to see if Stephanie Erickson develops the others in the Unseen that appeared occasionally while Mac was in training. I am so enamored with the back stories of good solid characters. I would also love to read more about Mac as she was growing up with her adoptive mother and her best friend.

One of my favorite parts of the is book was simply the focus of Mac's situation with her iLs. I have never heard of this and now that I have read a little, I am sure it is very prevalent. I cannot imagine the aid iLs provide to children and adults who need help quieting the mind and focusing. I myself may have worked better with them as my mind only shuts off when doing yoga.

Goodreads Description: Mackenzie Day constantly struggles to silence the voices in her head. The inner thoughts of those around her intrude upon every aspect of her life, threatening to turn it into chaos.

All her life, she thought she was alone as a mind reader—a freak.

Then a member of a secret organization called The Unseen suddenly introduces himself, and she’s immersed in a world she never knew existed. They teach her to hone her skills as a reader, but to what end? Secrets surround her, humming just out of reach, filling her with questions.

Who are they? What do they do with their mind-reading abilities? In the end, just how far will Mackenzie go to be part of The Unseen?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have these books on my TBR. I love Stephanie Erickson