WHO does that??

Saint and I decide to splurge a bit and go to dinner at a sit down, nicer steak restaurant.

We walk in, it's practically deserted. It's peaceful. Just the two of us over in the abyss of a nice, almost romantic place. We are talking and enjoying each other's company. When all of a sudden, this guy is seated next to us. He turns around to face us and says, "Sorry to interrupt, but can I ask you guys a question? Does it smell like rancid meat in here to you?"

-
-
-
-

(WTH?!?)

after what seems like an eternity, he continues, "My wife and I were just wondering if it was us. As we walked in, we swear we smelled rancid meat."

I look at Saint and he looks at me. We blink. What do you say to that?

I mean, we are sitting in a meat restaurant. Just ordered and he brings up RANCID MEAT.

WHO DOES THAT?

I seriously wanted to smack this guy. It tainted my dinner just a bit. Because I kept thinking about the rancid meat comment.

I wanted to say as we were leaving, "Enjoy your rancid meat." (add an expletive in there)

5 comments:

jayayceeblog said...

That is so weird. I'd have just said, "No, maybe you need to brush your teeth." Well, I wouldn't have really said that, but I'd have been thinking it!!!

Duchess said...

That's really odd - People say the weirdest things and they never think anything of it.

I might have asked him if he has put on deodorant because maybe he smelled :0)

PinkPiddyPaws said...

Sounds to me like someone was bucking for a free meal. I hate people like that. You can always spot them because they complain from the moment they walk in.

You should have said, as you were leaving "Does your meat taste odd?" ha.ha.ha...

Anonymous said...

Some people don't hold back and have no shame...

Anonymous said...

Seriously? That reminds me of my rule for sushi restaurants: If I smell fish when I walk in, then I am walking out.