New find - book app

I am constantly seeing books that I want to buy, but at the moment cannot invest in. In the past, I would carry a pad of paper and pen with me. When I didn't have it, I would ask whomever I was with if they had one. Even going so far to ask the sales associates if they had something I could write on.

When I attained my phone, I would make a list on colornotes, but I didn't always remember I had the list. Lately I have been just taking pics of the books with my phone then when I load them on to my computer, I would write them down. A laborious task. Not to mention, I just recently had to update my phone, which means it needed to be wiped clean and though I thought I saved the booklist to my computer, turns out I didn't. So I lost all the books I have been cataloging for at least a year.

Yesterday, I found a book app called MyBookDroid and though I have yet to take it for a spin out in the real world, I love it for just keeping the list of books I want to buy in my phone. It is so much easier and made to keep books in a list, rather than colornotes. I have been feverishly typing in book titles from the pics I still have saved on my computer. (thankfully I had taken some pics)

I enter the book title, author and then I can enter in the description, ISBN #, Subject, Publisher. I can list it in whether or not I have read it, want to read it or other. Though the easier way to do this process rather than enter manually us to look it up in Search and then add the book.


I can give it a review as well.



I can scan the book's UPC codes too! This I cannot wait to try!!


It will show a list of the books covers, the name and author.

It even has a button to show I LENT a book out!! Yeah, makes it so much easier.

What app are you using to catalog books?

P.S. Also, I am looking for a good phone application for grocery shopping.


P.P.S. Here is a great link to Time Magazine's best books ever

P.P.P.S. Here is a list of Top Banned Books from the American Library Association

1 comment:

jayayceeblog said...

I'll be interested to hear how you like using this app. Sounds like a really useful one!