On My Wish List




What would happen if you were visited by your younger self, and got a chance for a do-over?

Alice Love is twenty-nine years old, madly in love with her husband, and pregnant with their first child. So imagine her surprise when, after a fall, she comes to on the floor of a gym (a gym! she HATES the gym!) and discovers that she's actually thirty-nine, has three children, and is in the midst of an acrimonious divorce.

A knock on the head has misplaced ten years of her life, and Alice isn't sure she likes who she's become. It turns out, though, that forgetting might be the most memorable thing that has ever happened to Alice.






In 2083, chocolate and coffee are illegal, paper is hard to find, water is carefully rationed, and New York City is rife with crime and poverty. And yet, for Anya Balanchine, the sixteen-year-old daughter of the city's most notorious (and dead) crime boss, life is fairly routine. It consists of going to school, taking care of her siblings and her dying grandmother, trying to avoid falling in love with the new assistant D.A.'s son, and avoiding her loser ex-boyfriend. That is until her ex is accidently poisoned by the chocolate her family manufactures and the police think she's to blame. Suddenly, Anya finds herself thrust unwillingly into the spotlight--at school, in the news, and most importantly, within her mafia family.

8 comments:

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

All These Things I've done looks really interesting!! Great picks this week! :)

View my On My Wishlist HERE

BLHmistress said...

oh man chocolate and coffee is illegal I would be in so much trouble LOL.

On My Wishlist

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

I so want to read What Alice Forgot, too!
I hadn't heard of All these things I've Done, but it sounds so good, I'll be adding it to my wishlist too.

Hannah @ Dragons and Whimsy said...

Great picks! I think these are both heading to my own wishlist now. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Once Upon A Time

Anonymous said...

Not that much longer until All These Things I've Done is out. Hope you get it soon :-)

Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling said...

All these things Ive done looks amazing! I got elsewhere last week and I cant wait to read it! :D

pussreboots said...

All These Things I've Done must go on my wishlist.

This week I'm revisiting authors I enjoyed when I first started blogging about books. Please come see which book I'm featuring from my wishlist.

Test said...

What Alice Forgot is one my wish list as well. It looks so good! I've already had the chance to read All These Things I've Done and it's amazing so I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it.